What is a Leucistic Screech Owl?
Presentation is at Boyd Hill Nature Preserve, “Raptor Fest 2015”
Meaning of Leucism /ˈljuːsɪzəm/ is a condition in which there is partial loss of pigmentation in an animal resulting in white, pale, or patchy coloration of the skin, hair, feathers, scales or cuticle, but not the eyes. Unlike albinism, it is caused by a reduction in multiple types of pigment, not just melanin. Wikipedia
2nd Annual Raptorfest was held February 7, 2015
BIRDS OF PREY education was wonderful. I recommend if you are in the area of
St. Petersburg, Florida its worth the experience and its free.
- Trained raptors in free flight
- Live birds of prey in exhibits and presentations
- Dissect owl pellets with Sensing Nature LLC
- Raptorial dinosaur talk
- Photo ops with live birds
- Environmental exhibitors
- Activities for children and Families
- Tram tours and bird walks
- Visit Boyd Hill Nature Preserve, St Petersburg, Fl
[Read More its Good for You...]